The generating station and spillways component of the Site C project will be procured through multiple contracts, including the civil works contract, hydro-mechanical equipment supply contract, powerhouse bridge crane supply contract and a completion (balance of plant) contract.
The scope of the hydro-mechanical equipment contract will include:
- Design and supply of the following equipment:
- Three wire-rope operated spillway gates
- Six hydraulically-operated submerged low-level outlet gates
- Two submerged low-level outlet guard/maintenance gates
- Six hydraulically-operated intake gates
- One intake maintenance gate
- Four sets of draft tube maintenance stoplogs
- The hydraulic and wire hoists required for lifting the operating gates
- Lifting beams for lifting the low level outlet operating and maintenance gates, the intake operating and maintenance gates, spillway stoplogs and the draft tube maintenance gates
- One portable hydraulic power unit with portable hydraulic hoist for lifting the submerged low-level outlet guard/maintenance gate
- Gate guide anchors and embedded parts
- Monitoring the installation of all supplied equipment, with an option for the contractor to perform the installation;
- Undertaking any remaining assembly activities to make the supplied equipment fully functional; and
- Commissioning all supplied equipment.
As part of the design of the gates, model testing will be required to demonstrate the achievement of specified hydraulic characteristics of the low-level outlet gates, low-level maintenance gate and intake operating gates.