Are you feeling burned out, stressed or tired? Need some support? You're not alone.
This section is meant to be a resource for individuals seeking help. Below are links to contact information for mental health, addiction, and other support services offered through Site C contractors and/or their unions, as well as other public and private resources available to individuals in British Columbia and Alberta.
This is not an exhaustive list and these are not BC Hydro-sponsored programs unless noted otherwise.
- Site C contractor and union specific resources
- B.C. & Alberta mental health & addiction resources
- Addictions counselling
- Alcohol and drug treatment centres (B.C.)
- Group recovery meetings
- Crisis line support for Indigenous workers
- Coping resources
BC Hydro employee resources
Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
Employee & Family Assistance Program offers short term counselling and work life support. Please call 1 866 231 2101, the service is available 24/7 or visit our EFAP website for more information.
LifeSpeak is a total well-being platform which gives you and your family members instant access to expert advice on a wide range of topics.
You can watch videos, download action plans, read Expert Blog articles and interact with world-class experts in real time. LifeSpeak is available anywhere, anytime and is anonymous and confidential.
Access LifeSpeak online through BC Hydro's employee intranet site Hydroweb: BCHydro.lifespeak.com
General mental health
- Mental Health First Aid Canada
- Kids Help Phone – call 1 800 668 6868
- Mental Health Support – call 310 6789 (no area code required)
- B.C. Mental Health Information line – call 604-669-7600 or 1-800-661-2121
- Crisis Intervention & Suicide Prevention line – call 604 872 3311
- B.C. Suicide Help line – call 1 800 SUICIDE (1 800 784 2433)
- SAFER (Suicide Attempt Follow-up, Education & Research) Counselling Service – call 604 675 3700
- Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention
- The Workplace and Suicide Prevention Toolkit
Group recovery meetings
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- B.C. Narcotics Anonymous
- Al-Anon Family Groups
- Nar-Anon Family Groups
- SMART Recovery B.C.
- LifeRing Secular Recovery
General Addiction Support
- B.C. Alcohol and Drug Information line – call 211
- Alcohol and Drug information – call 604 660 9382 or 1 800 663 1441
- AA 24-hour help line – call 1 604 434 3933
- Problem gambling help line – call 1 888 795 6111
- Understanding Addiction
Crisis line support for Indigenous workers
- Call toll free at 1 800 588 8717.
- Call the Youth Line at 250 723 2040.
- Call the Adult Line at 250 723 4050.
Indian Residential School Survivors Society
- For crisis support 24/7, call 1 800 721 0066.
- Togetherall – A free online anonymous peer-to-peer support community for your mental health.
- Wellness Together Canada – Available to both adults and youth. This site provides educational resources, e-courses and free counselling.
- Heads Up Guys – Health strategies for managing and preventing depression.
- Bounce Back – Reclaim your health. Overcome early symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Fort St. John RCMP Victim Services – Police-based victim services program in Fort St. John.