News & Information nav
VANCOUVER – BC Hydro today announced the four proponent teams that have been shortlisted for the hydro-mechanical equipment contract for the Site C Clean Energy Project.
The scope of the contract includes the design and supply of the following equipment:
- Three wire-rope operated spillway gates
- Six hydraulically-operated submerged low-level outlet gates
- Two submerged low-level outlet guard/maintenance gates
- Six hydraulically-operated intake gates
- One intake maintenance gate
- Four sets of draft tube maintenance stoplogs
- The hydraulic and wire hoists required for lifting the operating gates
- Lifting beams for lifting the low level outlet operating and maintenance gates, the intake operating and maintenance gates, spillway stoplogs and the draft tube maintenance gates
- One portable hydraulic power unit with portable hydraulic hoist for lifting the submerged low-level outlet guard/maintenance gate
- Gate guide anchors and embedded parts
The contractor is responsible for the delivery of all supplied equipment and will monitor the installation, with an option for the contractor to perform the installation. In addition, the contractor will commission all supplied equipment and undertake any remaining assembly activities to make the equipment fully functional.
The competitive selection process for this contract began in October 2016 when the Request for Qualifications (RFQ) was issued on BC Bid. BC Hydro received nine submissions in response to the RFQ. After evaluating those submissions against the criteria outlined in the RFQ, the following four proponent teams were shortlisted:
- Andritz Hydro Canada Inc.
- ATB Riva Calzoni S.p.A
- Hans Kunz GmbH
- HMI – Groupe LAR G.P.
The proponents have been issued the Request for Proposals (RFP). Following submission and evaluation of the proposals, a contract award is anticipated in fall 2017.
To encourage networking between local, regional and Aboriginal businesses and the proponent teams, contact information for the proponent teams is available online at sitecproject.com.
The Site C Clean Energy Project is a hydroelectric dam and generating station under construction in northeast B.C. Once complete in 2024, the project will provide clean, reliable and cost-effective electricity for more than 100 years.
For more information:
BC Hydro Media Relations
604 928 6468