The generating station and spillways component of the Site C project will be procured through multiple contracts, including the civil works contract, powerhouse bridge crane supply contract and a balance of plant contract.
The scope of the balance of plant contract includes the electrical, mechanical, and miscellaneous civil/structural work required to complete the construction of the generating station and spillways:
- Installation of and commissioning support for mechanical and electrical water-to-wires equipment supplied by others.
- Supply, installation and commissioning of mechanical and electrical equipment such as piping, pumps, cable tray, cables, etc.
- Installation of protection, control, telecom, security and similar systems supplied by others.
- Supply and installation of miscellaneous civil items and structures (platforms, out buildings, concrete equipment pads, miscellaneous metalwork, etc.)
- Supply, installation and commissioning of the permanent upstream fishway.
- Design, supply, installation and commissioning of building systems, such as the fire detection and protection, HVAC equipment, domestic water, wastewater, etc.
- Completion of building interiors to the finished state.
- Supply of temporary construction works and decommissioning and site clean-up of the contractor’s temporary construction works.